Re: Request for comments on Media Type section of "Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework" W3C Working Draft

Hello Mark, all,

The Web Services Policy Working Group decided to make a change to the
Media Type section of "Web Services	Policy 1.5 - Framework" W3C Working
Draft, see the start of this thread for the initial request.

The change is related to the description of the base URI.

Old text:
[[Base URI:
As specified in RFC 3023, section 6.]]

New text:
[[Base URI:
As specified in IETF RFC 3023, section 6. Also see section 4.6 Use of
IRIs in Policy Expressions in this document and section 3.5 Use of IRIs
in Policy Attachment in the Web Services Policy 1.5 - Attachment.]]

The link for section 4.6 in the editors copy of the document is
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.html?content-type=text/html;charset=utf-8#IRI_Policy_Expressions

The link for section 3.5 in the editors copy of the document is
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-attachment.html?content-type=text/html;charset=utf-8#IRI_Policy_Attachment

The complete revised version of the Media Type section is below.

A. The application/wspolicy+xml Media Type

This appendix defines the "application/wspolicy+xml" media type which
can be used to describe Web Services Policy documents serialized as XML.
Either wsp:Policy or wsp:PolicyAttachment could be the root element of
such a document.
A.1 Registration

MIME media type name:
    application
MIME subtype name:
    wspolicy+xml
Required parameters:
    none
Optional parameters:
    charset
        This parameter has identical semantics to the charset parameter
of the "application/xml" media type as specified in IETF RFC 3023.
Encoding considerations:
    Identical to those of "application/xml" as described in IETF RFC
3023, section 3.2, as applied to the Web Services Policy document Infoset.
Security considerations:
    See section 5. Security Considerations in this document, and the
Security Consideration section in Web Services Policy Attachment.
Interoperability considerations:
    There are no known interoperability issues.
Published specifications:
    This document and Web Services Policy Attachment.
Applications which use this media type:
    This new media type is being registered to allow for deployment of
Web Services Policy and references to Web Services Policy on the World
Wide Web.
Additional information:
    File extension:
        wspolicy
    Fragment identifiers:
        A syntax identical to that of "application/xml" as described in
IETF RFC 3023.
    Base URI:
        As specified in IETF RFC 3023, section 6. Also see section 4.6
Use of IRIs in Policy Expressions in this document and section 3.5 Use
of IRIs in Policy Attachment in the Web Services Policy 1.5 - Attachment.
    Macintosh File Type code:
        TEXT
    Person and email address to contact for further information:
        World Wide Web Consortium <web-human@w3.org>
    Intended usage:
        COMMON
    Author/Change controller:
        The Web Services Policy 1.5 specification set is a work product
of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Service Policy Working Group. The
W3C has change control over these specifications.

Felix Sasaki