[resend] Part 2 - {element declaration} property for SOAP Header Block component

From: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:31:55 -0800
To: "'Ramkumar Menon'" <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Cc: <public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org>
Thanks for your comment.  The WS Description Working Group tracked this
issue as a CR095 [1].

Re your first question, yes indeed the syntax does not allow #any for a SOAP
header block.

Re your second question, the Working Group flipped it and posited why should
#any be allowed?  The WSDL description does not preclude SOAP headers from
being added in addition to those not described explicitly with wsoap:header.
Using #any in this case is by definition a no-op.  Making a specific
allowance in the language serves no purpose other than to complicate the

With these decisions, the Working Group closed the issue with no change to
the existing language of the spec.

Unless you let us know otherwise by mid-January, we will assume you agree
with the resolution of this issue.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/#CR095

Jonathan Marsh -  <http://www.wso2.com> http://www.wso2.com -
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com