From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-desc-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 5:38 AM
To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
Subject: LC107 and Inconsistent Component Names

I just complete the editorial work for LC107, which I believe does make
the component model property names a lot easier to understand.

In the process of doing this, I noticed that our component names are a
little inconsistent. We have 2 groups of 5 components, with parallel
structures:

Interface
InterfaceFault
InterfaceOperation
MessageReference
FaultReference

Binding
BindingFault
BindingOperation
BindingMessageReference
BindingFaultReference

The odd men out are InterfaceFault and InterfaceOperation. It seems like
the interface prefix is unnecessary. There are 2 ways to handle this:

Option 1: Drop Interface from InterfaceFault and InterfaceOperation

Interface
Fault
Operation
MessageReference
FaultReference

Option 2: Add Interface to MessageReference and FaultReference

Interface
InterfaceFault
InterfaceOperation
InterfaceMessageReference
InterfaceFaultReference

Option 1 has the benefit of brevity. I prefer this.

Option 2 has the benefit of complete consistency with the Binding
components. The 2 sets are now related by s/Interface/Binding/

Arthur Ryman,
Rational Desktop Tools Development

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411