RE: XML Schema comment "T2" on WSDL 2.0

Actually, upon reflection, I inadvertently blurred our rules regarding the
need for an import in each schema document.  Perhaps I should have
suggested:

"Note that while the effect of import is pervasive within an XML schema,
the same is not true of references from WSDL 2.0 constructs to schema
components.  In schema, a QName that successfully resolves in one schema
document necessarily resolves when referenced elsewhere in the schema
(except that an import for the namespace as a whole is a precondition
in each document for attempting a reference.)

By contrast, in WSDL, only components defined and declared in the schema
itself and components included by it via xs:include are available for
direct
reference from WSDL 2.0. Specifically components that the schema imports
via xs:import are NOT available for such references;  they are, however,
available for reference from within schemas that are contained within
WSDL."

The above is more verbose, unfortunately, but perhaps it does a better job
of covering the edge cases?

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street