Operations and HTTP verbs

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:08:33 -0400
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org

I believe that the distinction that WSDL 1.1 makes about operations and
HTTP verbs, is misleading.  In particular, it adds to the confusion
regarding the use of the new Web Method Specification Feature in SOAP
1.2, as many people seem to believe that you still need to specify a
WSDL operation when you've specified which HTTP method you're using.

HTTP "verbs", such as GET, PUT, POST, etc.. are "operations" in the same
way that "GetStockQuote" is.  I would like to see the HTTP binding for
WSDL 1.2 reflect this.

Thanks.

MB