Re: Issue 1008 - Fault Handling

From: Gary Brown <gary@enigmatec.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:12:37 -0000
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>, "Charlton Barreto" <charlton_b@mac.com>

Hi

My view is that we should not be constraining CDL based on the way Java APIs
deal with faults. We are primarily bound to WSDL, and if WSDL allows a
service to be declared with an operation having multiple named faults, all
of the same type, then we need to be able to define a choreography that
fully supports that operation.

I think we simply need to add a 'faultName' attribute to the exchange which
can be used to identify the fault - possibly only relevant if the associated
information type is an exception type? - or to be more generic we could just
re-use the 'name' attribute.

Regards
Gary