Re: Different composition(or invocation) order may result an undesirable Feature Interaction problem in Web service

From: Steve Ross-Talbot <steve@enigmatec.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:51:40 +0100
Cc: <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>
To: "rayluo" <rayluo@rogers.com>

Interesting discussion given this is on the choreography public mailing
list.

The Choreography approach is by design. That is you design a global
model that contractually prevents unwanted FI. So in a sense it is
impossible to get unwanted FI because all of the valid interaction are
modeled. This works for many real problems in which the parties
concerned wish to interact to do some business transactions. For
example most if not all financial service xaction are done this way.
Hence the use of vertical standards. What we do in Choreo (through
WS-CDL) is provide a standard way of describing such interaction from a
neutral perspective thus ensuring peer-to-peerness is maintained (so no
orchestration is needed) and providing a sound description language
that enables such "global-models" to be defined.

Take a look at FIX (www.fixprotocol.org) as a real example of such a
protocol.

Cheers

Steve T