Re: WSDL and pub/sub

From: Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:04:54 -0500
To: "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Cc: "Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>, "'Andrew Berry'" <andyb@whyanbeel.net>, Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com>, Steve Ross-Talbot <steve@enigmatec.net>, WS Choreography <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Monica J. Martin wrote:

> Burdett, David wrote:
>
>> I think so. I submitted an Auction Use case where registered users
>> could subscribe to a particular auction so that they were notified of
>> bids. See the attachment on ...
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2004Jan/0029.html
>>
>> David
>>
> mm1: The capability already exists in Reg/Rep for event notification,
> supports web services, and it is an open standard. I've cc: Farrukh
> Najmi who is the technical lead. Thanks.

This is correct.

ebXML Registry version 2.5 has Content-based (as opposed to topic-based)
event notification where selection of events are done by focused ad hoc
queries using SQL or XML Filter query syntax. Notification may be
delivered to a SOAP Service or via email. Please let me know if I can
answer any specific questions.

Thanks.

--
Regards,