Re: Fwd: UDDI and sematics

Hi All,

If location is going to be addressed within W3C choreography and
OASIS UDDI, I believe that it would be wise to consult and liaise
with both the OGC, Open GIS Consortium, whose Executive Director,
Carl Reed, I am copying and the OASIS Emergency Management GIS
Subcommittee, of which he is also the chair. I wholeheartedly
recommend including ebXML Reg/Rep in exploring an inclusive
harmonization of semantics wrt Web Services. As co-chair of the OASIS
HumanMarkup  TC, and a member of EM GIS SC, and WSRP TC respectively,
I try to keep current with these work areas.

I have also looked at the Requirement document and this looks a bit
more complicated than necessary, especially for a requirements
document. Also, I'm not sure a new rdf:Bag for extended metadata is
required. If we are at the requirements gathering phase, then I would
ask the inference engine makers what they need, unless that is what
you all have already done. Of course, I also thought you were the
inference engine makers, and the document appears to bely that
assumption.

Ciao,
Rex

--