Re: Fwd: UDDI and sematics

From: Rex Brooks <rexb@starbourne.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:26:47 -0800
To: "Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>, Steve Ross-Talbot <steve@enigmatec.net>
Cc: "WS Choreography (E-mail)" <public-ws-chor@w3.org>, creed@opengis.org

Hi All,

If location is going to be addressed within W3C choreography and
OASIS UDDI, I believe that it would be wise to consult and liaise
with both the OGC, Open GIS Consortium, whose Executive Director,
Carl Reed, I am copying and the OASIS Emergency Management GIS
Subcommittee, of which he is also the chair. I wholeheartedly
recommend including ebXML Reg/Rep in exploring an inclusive
harmonization of semantics wrt Web Services. As co-chair of the OASIS
HumanMarkup  TC, and a member of EM GIS SC, and WSRP TC respectively,
I try to keep current with these work areas.

I have also looked at the Requirement document and this looks a bit
more complicated than necessary, especially for a requirements
document. Also, I'm not sure a new rdf:Bag for extended metadata is
required. If we are at the requirements gathering phase, then I would
ask the inference engine makers what they need, unless that is what
you all have already done. Of course, I also thought you were the
inference engine makers, and the document appears to bely that

At 6:09 AM -0700 2/15/04, Monica J. Martin wrote:
>>SRT: All:
>>Given the request for review and given that choreographies may be
>>subject to something similar for location it is a good idea if we
>>start  the process of review and requirements gathering for this
>>piece of work  and then get back to them in a timely fashion.
>mm1: Steve, these requirements should be generic as Reg/Rep also
>handles web services and had a Semantic Content Management subgroup.
>Suggest we distribute to both groups. Kathryn Breininger is the
>OASIS co-chair (kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com) and Farrukh Najmi,
>the technical lead (farrukh.najmi@sun.com).
>>>From: Max Voskob <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz>
>>>Date: 6 February 2004 03:02:05 GMT
>>>To: public-sws-ig@w3.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org,
>>>Subject: UDDI and sematics
>>>Hi all,
>>>As some of you may be aware, UDDI Technical Committee is
>>>considering  to add some semantic capabilities in the next version.
>>>I would invite a wider community to review our attempts.
>>>Your feedback is very welcome. Feel free to say that we are on a
>>>wrong  track or that the author had no clue what he was talking
>>>about in that  document.

Rex Brooks
W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com
Email: rexb@starbourne.com