RE: Straw-man Proposal for our mission statement

From: Jean-Jacques Dubray <jjd@eigner.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 20:46:50 -0400
To: "'Assaf Arkin'" <arkin@intalio.com>, "'Burdett, David'" <david.burdett@commerceone.com>
Cc: "'Jean-Jacques Dubray'" <jjd@eigner.com>, <Daniel_Austin@grainger.com>, <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

I don't understand your argument, why won't you get everything for free
as long as you have a binding to WSDL whether it is direct or let's say
indirect for the lack of a better word. The advantage of the later is
that in addition of getting everything the ws-arch has to offer, you can
also re-use the formalism of ws-chor for other technologies.

Having a "binding" framework that relates ws-chor to WSDL garanties that
the design of ws-chor is now decoupled from the evolution of WSDL, we
would only change the binding not the core choreography language.

We can clearly see the limitations of a tight coupling between BPML or
BPEL and web services, now that WSDL is shifting from operations to
MEPs, one has to adjust the corresponding specs.

Jean-Jacques Dubray____________________
Chief Architect
Eigner  Precision Lifecycle Management
200 Fifth Avenue