Re: Technical and Business Contracts (was RE: Revised: Mission Statement)

Tony Fletcher wrote:
> It is entirely possible that those who attended the F2F
> agreed that we should work only on the technical contract aspects
> (although I doubt that Bob Haugen bought into that view as such!)

Two responses:

1. I laid out some "graduated degrees of 'contract-ness'" here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2003Jun/0010.html

I think the following two are both appropriate for this group,
and they are both technical:

* A programming contract, as in Design By Contract.
(Or, the contract offered by a particular Web service).

* A choreography as an agreement between business partners as to how
they will conduct electronic commerce (or some other collaboration).

I think this latter kind of contract is central to this group,
but don't know who would agree.

2. I think the other degrees of contract-ness are necessary to do
business, but have never expected this group to get into them.

If so, things could get interesting (in the sense of "interesting
times").