RE: Yet Another Choreography Specification

I tend to agree with W.M.P. van der Aalst and the conclusion, though I would
disagree on the context in which it is presented.

In our research we have concluded that a modern process language, in
particular one that makes extensive use of messaging, should be based on
PetriNet and process algebra. While PetriNet is sufficient for modeling
internal activities, it lacks the ability to describe interactions between
concurrent distributed systems. This is where we see the value of process
algebra.

I have used both models to guide me in working on both BPML and WSCI. That
would answer one of the most commonly asked questions: why does BPML and
WSCI look different from languages based purely on PertiNets? The difference
stems from the introduction of process algebra into the underlying model.

I would definitely urge the WS Choreography WG to look at models that
combine PetriNet with process algebra and pursue the development of a
specification along these lines.

arkin