RE: choreography & orchestration must be defined in a context

Ugo

Semantics should really only be specified by the author of whatever is being
designed. So if someone is creating a WSDL definition for a Web Service,
say, then the semantics associated with that WSDL definition HAVE to be
understood before anyone can use it effectively. If they are not defined in
the WSDL itself, then either they need to be defined in a separate document
e.g.in HTML, or the user of the WSDL works out what to do using their
intuition or by trial and error and hope that they are right.

So what I really mean by saying that Semantics definitions are required, is
that it should be possible to include in the definition of what is being
designed (i.e. in a WSDL definition, a Choreography definition, etc.) some
text or other information that allows a user of the definition to understand
how to use the definition correctly with minimum chance of error.

I recognize though, that even if the Choreography Definition Language we
develop includes structures that allow the semantics to be included, there
are no guarantees that designers of Choreographies will actually define
them, or, if they do define them, they will be unambiguous.

Or to put it really simply, the Choreography Definition Language we develop
should be "self-documenting" by including XML elements and attributes that
allow explanations of the Choreography to be included in the definition
itself rather than separately.

David