[fac] This seems a bit too simplistic.  One could infer that a process
does'nt actually accomplish anything.

> >Process instance. The execution of a process to achieve its defined
> >objective in a particular situation.
> >

> +1
>
> >Role. An abstract designation for a participant in a
> choreography that is
> >bound to a particular participant URI when the choreography
> is performed.
> >In some choreographies, the same participant may be bound to
> multiple roles,
> >or a role may be bound to different participants at
> different times during
> >the execution of a choreography.
> >

> +1
>
> >State.  An attribute value or set of values of attributes of
> an entity that
> >represent a condition of interest for that entity.
> Typically, a number of
> >states of an entity are of interest, each will be named, and
> the events
> >which may cause transitions between these states will be
> defined for state
> >transitions.  The alternative states of an entity will
> typically be defined
> >in a particular context (an entity may have many states of
> interest in
> >different contexts), and suggests--by reference to state
> transitions--how
> >that entity will behave in the associated context.
> >

> +1 with a minor objection.
>
> Some state transitions are better defined as graphs depicting the
> possible transitions between a finite set of states. For example from
> submitted to approved to pending to shipped. Other state
> transitions are
> not easily modeled as graphs like that. For example, if I
> have a price
> for the order and I need to add shipping & handling based on the
> destination and weight, the transition is from some number N to some
> other number N. Do I write a graph with all possible state
> transition s
> or are there some transitions not modeled as a graph? Can we identify
> more generically these two types of states and transitions?

[fac] I wonder if we couldn't leave this discussion to the definition
of state transition.

> >Service type.  A service that conforms to a WSDL interface
> and conforms to a
> >defined choreography in a specified role.
> >

> WSDL interface defines some of the expected behavior of a
> service type
> and WS-Chor defines other part of that behavior. WSDL can
> also define an
> interface beloning to that type by associating it with the interface.
> However, somewhere along the actual concept of service type
> managed to
> escape and I think we need to introduce it in more generic terms than
> the particular type of WSDL definition used to capture its behavior.

[fac] Is your intent to attach some additional semantics to a service
type?  If not, what will distinguish one service type from another if not
the WSDL and choreography?