Collation of press coverage: Was: Web services standards face a split / CNET News.com

From: Howard N Smith <howard.smith@ontology.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:20:13 +0100
To: public-ws-chor@w3.org

For the convenience of people who wish to try to gleen the rationale behind this move, I have collected
many of the press articles that have and are covering it, here:

http://www.bpm3.com/standards/index.html

We all have our theories. I've seen and heard all of the following theories touted:

Patents, intellectual property, royalties, vested interest from existing technologies, genuine differences of
technical opinion, egos, an attempt to stifle early innovators, politics and commercial short-term tactics.

Only time will tell. There is no doubt that, once again, the strategic significance of BPM has been
confirmed.

Howard

---

New Book - Business Process Management: The Third Wave
www.bpm3.com

Howard Smith/CSC/BPMI.org
cell             +44 7711 594 494 (worldwide)
home office +44 20 8660 1963