Re: Draft minutes and agenda

Peter,

thank you for the clarification.

Now I think we should have the call at 1:00pm in California, which will
equate to 4:00pm on the east coast of the USA and to 9:00pm in the UK
and 10:00pm in most if the rest of Europe.

Does this sound correct?

Cheers

Steve T

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 09:35  am, Furniss, Peter wrote:

> Apologies, I won't be able to be on the call today.
>

> BTW, the meeting schedule information is confusing (apologies if you've
> already had this discussion and I missed it - this is not the only
> group
> I'm on that has this problem):
>
> Teleconference are held weekly, every tuesday at 4PM EST, 1PM PST, 21h
> UTC, 21h BST, 22h MET, 6am JST (wednesday)).
>
> BST is British Summer Time, which we are now on, and is UTC+1, and not,
> as some might think, British Standard Time (=UTC), which is normally
> called GMT in the UK. And North America and Europe are now both on
> their
> daylight saving time, so no-one will be one EST or PST (except parts of
> Indiana and Arizona, IIRC).
>
> So the call will be at 5pm in New York, 2 pm in California, 2200 in UK,
> 2300 in Paris ? Or are the EST, PST times meant to be wall-clock time
> there, rather than UTC+5, UTC+8 (so the meeting would be at 2200 UTC).
>
> Peter
>
> [Sent from near the Greenwich Meridian (my home is about 400 metres to
> the east of the 0 meridian - there's a line on the ground outside our
> nearest shops). And the bloke who invented daylight saving lived
> nearby.
> ]

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,  please do not copy or disclose its content but  delete the email and contact the sender immediately. Whilst we run antivirus software on all internet emails we are not liable for any loss or damage. The recipient is advised to run their own antivirus software.