RE: Draft minutes and agenda

Apologies, I won't be able to be on the call today.

BTW, the meeting schedule information is confusing (apologies if you've
already had this discussion and I missed it - this is not the only group
I'm on that has this problem):

Teleconference are held weekly, every tuesday at 4PM EST, 1PM PST, 21h
UTC, 21h BST, 22h MET, 6am JST (wednesday)).

BST is British Summer Time, which we are now on, and is UTC+1, and not,
as some might think, British Standard Time (=UTC), which is normally
called GMT in the UK. And North America and Europe are now both on their
daylight saving time, so no-one will be one EST or PST (except parts of
Indiana and Arizona, IIRC).

So the call will be at 5pm in New York, 2 pm in California, 2200 in UK,
2300 in Paris ? Or are the EST, PST times meant to be wall-clock time
there, rather than UTC+5, UTC+8 (so the meeting would be at 2200 UTC).

Peter

[Sent from near the Greenwich Meridian (my home is about 400 metres to
the east of the 0 meridian - there's a line on the ground outside our
nearest shops). And the bloke who invented daylight saving lived nearby.
]