Re: Progressive Concreteness of Choreography binding

I have some discomfort with not only separating out message content
extraction from the choreograpy, but adding an extra level of
indirection, namely, that the original message content may go through a
transformation, prior to extraction of a message part.

For me at least Ricky's orignal use case
>> 1) Somewhere in this "PurchaseOrder" message will contain a "shippingAddress" which can be mapped to complex type "Address".
>> - But I don't want to constraint the element name of this "shippingAddress", (e.g. the element name can be "shipAddr", "shipTo", "sendTo" ... etc.)
>> - I also don't want to constraint such an "shippingAddress" element to have the exact complex type "Address".  The type can be anything as long as it can be transformed (via XSL/T) into type "Address"

is an exotic one. It goes back to the question of whether you can really
write a single choreography definition that works with widely differing
message types. At some point in the range of possible variation of
messages, IMO you get to a case where the choreography itself has to be
different. E.g. suppose some PO formats always have a shipping address,
and some make reference to a prior commercial agreement that contains
the shipping address (I'm making this up). Then even XSLT + XPath
doesn't yield you the shipping address from the latter type of message.

N.b. I'm not necessarily opposed to this level of complexity if it's
really necessary, and hopefully it can be made unburdensome to someone
who doesn't need it.

--Jon