RE: Abstract messages [Was: Multi-Party Binding Scenario]

From: Jim Webber <jim.webber@arjuna.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:20:12 +0100
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

Jon, Tony,

Furthermore given the name (and charter?) of this group I would suggest that
tying its work to Web services (and perhaps the work of the WSAG) would be
the most sensible thing to do. While the notion of an abstract and bindable
choreography standard does have a certain undeniable appeal, I think this
group should really stick to a specific "binding" if you like (and XML
Schema plus WSDL works for me because you can extend it nicely), and that
should be for Web services (pick the definition that best suits you, but I
guess things like ASN.1 are out of scope).

Jim