RE: Asynch Scenarios

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 13:38:44 +0100
To: <dmh@tibco.com>
Cc: <michael.eder@nokia.com>, <dorchard@bea.com>, <public-ws-async-tf@w3.org>

David wrote:
>> Isn't this the use case of a resource-constrained device (e.g., a cell
>> phone) essentially polling a "server" to get requests, with the requests
>> coming back in the reply to the poll and the responses going out in
>> separate interactions?

Michael was kind enough to point me at his earlier mail which of  course
i now recall reading:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-async-tf/2005Feb/0065.html

I've also been wondering about the buckets being called 'one-way' and 'two-way'
maybe there are some better names for to be found, or maybe better explanation
is all that is required.

In my mind t's the provision of a back-channel and correlation for the duration
of the MEP by the underlying protocol which is the distinction, rather than the
ability for messages to travel in either direction within a single conversation
(connection).

Paul