executing Cindy's proposed change - two questions

I have modified Cindy's proposed default WSDL 2.0 Action pattern for faults slightly, by dropping the delimiter between the operation name and the direction token - this matches the pattern for non-faults.

Her proposal:

[tns] [delimiter] [interface name] [delimiter] [operation name] [delimiter] [direction] [delimiter] [fault name]

My version:

[tns] [delimiter] [interface name] [delimiter] [operation name] [direction] [delimiter] [fault name]

An example following my pattern could be:

http://greath.example.com/2004/wsdl/resSvc/reservationInterface/opCheckAvailabilityResponse/AvailabilityNotAvailableFault

(Let me know if you object to my choice of fault name...)

- - - -

Second problem: should the direction token be that of the message to which the fault is reponding, rather than the direction of the fault? In other words, should the example above, presuming that the message which triggered the fault had an action of http://greath.example.com/2004/wsdl/resSvc/reservationInterface/opCheckAvailabilityRequest , be

http://greath.example.com/2004/wsdl/resSvc/reservationInterface/opCheckAvailabilityRequest/AvailabilityNotAvailableFault

?

I will assume, for now, that this is not the case, but what I put above may be what people expect.

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development
tony.rogers@ca.com