Re: New issue: Default value of To property

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:50:50 -0500
To: Francisco Curbera <curbera@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, WS-Addressing <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
I don't think we need to special-case things as you suggest since the
rules for sending a message[1] already require the wsa:To to have the
same address as that contained in the EPR to which the message is
sent. Therefore the only time the wsa:To value can be defaulted is
when the EPR to which the message is sent has an 'anonymous' address
and I don't see that happening regularly with request messages
because, if it did, you wouldn't know where to send then.

Marc.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-
core.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#sendmsgepr

On Jan 20, 2006, at 1:23 PM, Francisco Curbera wrote:

> Can I please add this new CR issue against the WS-Addressing core
> spec.
>
> The spec currently defaults the value of the To property to anonymous
> (Core, 3.2); the goal of this decision was to optimize the request
> reply
> synchronous interaction. However, as written in Section 3.2 this
> applies to
> arbitrary messages. Just as in the case of ReplyTo, addressed in
> CR13, I
> propose the defaulting of To to anonymous be moved to Section 3.4 and
> limited to request reply interactions.
>
> Paco

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.