RE: SOAP 1.1 One-way HTTP Binding doc

I agree with Chris; the binding proposed by Dave seems to be based on the
very simplistic idea that the application level view of an interaction
("one way") determines ALL message exchanges between the parties, leaving
out the possibility of a compatible protocol level exchange. This just
doesn't capture the reality of QoS rich systems.

Note also that whatever the content of the proposed note it will not be
normative in any case.

Paco

                      "David Orchard"
                      <dorchard@bea.com>              To:       Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS
                      Sent by:                        cc:       "WS-Addressing" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
                      public-ws-addressing-req        Subject:  RE: SOAP 1.1 One-way HTTP Binding doc
                      uest@w3.org

                      01/20/2006 01:40 PM

If you're returning a soap envelope in an HTTP response, by definition
you're not using a one-way binding.

This doesn't affect the MEP in play because there is no MEP with soap 1.1.

Dave