Contradiction in WSDL Binding

From: Rogers, Tony <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:23:13 +1100
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
I happened to be reading the WSDL Binding - you know, as one does.

Noticed a tiny contradiction between Example 4-7 "Structure of default wsa:Action IRI for faults", which specifies the presence of a delimiter between the operation name and the literal string "Fault", and Example 4-8 "Example WSDL...", which shows a fault action without that delimiter.

Fix is either to eliminate the delimiter specified in Example 4-7, or to add the delimiter in Example 4-8 - the latter is the simpler change. It means the fault action would become:

http://example.com/stockquote/StockQuotePortType/GetLastTradePrice/Fault/Error

Should we raise this as a CR issue? Or call it editorial licence?

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development
tony.rogers@ca.com

BTW: technically, Example 4-7 isn't an example, but that's being REALLY pedantic...