Re: WSA From

WSA uses EPRs to support Web services message addressing. If a URI is all
you need for that, good for you, you just need to fill the address field in
the EPR. If you need additional information (session state for example,
interaction policies etc.) that is also supported by the EPR.

Paco

                      John Kemp
                      <john.kemp@nokia.        To:       Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                      com>                     cc:       Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS, "ext Mark Baker"
                                                <distobj@acm.org>, public-ws-addressing@w3.org,
                      02/13/2006 10:05          public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
                      AM                       Subject:  Re: WSA From

On Feb 12, 2006, at 1:41 PM, ext Francisco Curbera wrote:

> WSA identifies parties sending and receiving messages using endopint
> addresses.

A *physical* endpoint address? Can I contact that endpoint? What can
I send it, and how do I know? Can I, the client, send multiple values
of wsa:To? If not, why not? I don't see answers to any of that
written anywhere in WS-A. If it's simply an "extension point" for
implementations or other specifications, then why not just allow EPRs
other than those defined in WS-A to be sent as extra items of
wsa:EndpointReferenceType (which, as I understand it, is already
possible)? Any usage of wsa:To as a physical endpoint is clearly not
apparent from the WS-Addressing specification itself.

If it is not a physical endpoint, then surely a URI would suffice.

- JohnK