RE: WSA From

In many B2B scenarios with which I am familiar, the "From" is used to
identify the party that
sent the message. It is not intended to be some sort of physical endpoint
(typically) but a logical
identifier that serves to identify the party (e.g. http://www.ibm.com/)

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=440
phone: +1 508 377 9295

public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org wrote on 02/09/2006 07:09:39 AM:

> I guess I don't understand what the wsa:From EPR is then. What is
> the recipient supposed to do with this EPR (as opposed to ReplyTo or
> other WSA-defined EPRs)? What are these SLA properties really about
> in other words? If you have some EPR for which these SLAs are
> required, doesn't it make sense to define the semantics for EPR
> similarly to the way semantics are explicit for ReplyTo et al? As
> Conor noted, there are no defined semantics for wsa:From, and I
> guess I also don't see why this couldn't be simply a URI (extensible
> with anyAttribute).
>

> Cheers,
> -JohnK

Fremantle