RE: Multiple Addresses in an EPR

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:26:12 +0100
To: <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>, <concahill@aol.com>, <mark.little@arjuna.com>
Cc: <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <john.kemp@nokia.com>, <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>, <dorchard@bea.com>, <markn@bea.com>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> I just hand that URI down to my HTTP binding, or do I need to do some
> kind of directory lookup first, etc),

Or second. Handing a URI to a HTTP library is likely to result in
environment variables such as "HTTP_Proxy" examined, local
registries being looked up, and socket connections being made to:

 - pac.example.com
 - vpn-tunnel.example.com:2620
 - proxy-intranet.example.com:8080
 - proxy-extranet.example.com:8081
 - etc

Possibly, eventually, the DNS address and IP port the
publisher happend to put into the URI may be contacted.

Paul