Editorial Issue: SOAPAction

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 14:47:13 -0400
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
A colleague noted what I believe to be an editorial oversight in the
SOAP binding related to SOAPAction. Section 4.2 states: "The value of
the SOAPAction HTTP header MUST either be identical to the value of
the wsa:Action header, or be empty." However, according to the WS-I
basic profile, the value of the SOAPAction header is a quoted string
rather than a URI. What I think we want to say is that the value of
the SOAPAction HTTP header must be either '"' [action] '"' or empty
and I'd propose to update the document to reflect this.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.