Re: i004: Text for reorganization of security sections

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:17:13 -0500
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
* Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org> [2005-02-28 16:28-0500]
> Attached is some proposed text for the security sections in the Core
> and SOAP binding specs.
>
> I have taken into consideration the following inputs:
> - Web Services Addressing 1.0 - SOAP Binding's section 4. Security
>   Considerations:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-ws-addr-soap-20050215/#_Toc77464334
> - Gudge's proposal:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Feb/0130.html
> - Paco's proposed amendment to Gudge's text:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-addressing/2005Feb/0175.html
>
> Below is the detail of what I have done:
> - started with Gudge's text
> - split abstract (expressed with in terms of properties) vs. SOAP
>   headers stuff into different specs
> - incorporated useful stuff from the spec minus motherhood and apple
>   pie text which I thought didn't bring much to the table.
> - included users of WS-Addressing in the same bag as users of EPRs
> - removed redundant text

With the deletion of bullet 4.2 in my proposal for i007, I think that
we ought to add a security note about SOAP header blocks that appear
as a result of serializing reference parameters — arguably, the
security text I put in my proposal for i007 should really have been in
the security section to start with.

Attached is the new text.

As a clarification, the added text are proposals for complete
sections, not additions.

Cheers,

Hugo

--