Re: LC 76 - What makes a msg WS-A?

From: David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:13:10 -0400
To: Katy Warr <katy_warr@uk.ibm.com>
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
The underlying question is whether WS-A compliance is a property of a
message, or whether it is a matter of context.  I think the current spec
leans toward context.  For example, a message without a [reply endpoint]
is not compliant if it's being sent as a request in an in-out MEP, but
the exact same message might be compliant if sent in an in-only MEP
(e.g., if an operation was changed from in-only to in-out or vice versa
-- maybe not good practice, but possible).

So I would answer that a message is subject to the appropriate
WS-Addressing validation when the endpoint receiving the message
requires it.