Re: NEW ISSUE: Comparison of URIs used as identifiers.

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:00:43 -0500
To: "Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org

In case it's of interest, I thought I'd point out that the Web
Architecture Recommendation has a brief section on comparison of URIs [1].
 It refers also to section 6 of rfc2396bis [2].  Nothing in these should
be surprising to anyone who's followed the debates on URI comparisons, but
it's probably worth consulting both before making any firm design
decisions for WS-Addressing.  Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#identifiers-comparison

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation