RE: NEW ISSUE: Comparison of URIs used as identifiers.

>From the FTF, there was some discussion on whether [destination] should
be included in the list of URIs that should be compared char-for-char.

It was not clear to me that the overwhelming use of the [destination]
URI was for comparison with another value.  Perhaps it is (is this
message destined for me).  I thought it might also at times be shoved
into some machinery that actually moves the message from somewhere to
somewhere else, which may be an arbitrary distinction.

Are there compelling reasons to impose, or not to impose, a comparison
method on [destination]?