W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-addressing@w3.org > January 2005

Agenda: WS-A telcon 2005-01-03

From: Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:05:07 -0800
Message-Id: <45C12F9D-5D34-11D9-AE0D-000A95BD86C0@bea.com>
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

[ Apologies for the lateness of this Agenda.]

W3C Web Services Addressing Working Group - distributed meeting agenda
   Monday, 3 January
   20:00-22:00 UTC & UK/London; 12:00-14:00 US/Pacific; 15:00-17:00  
US/Eastern; 21:00-23:00 FR/Paris & CZ/Prague; 5:00-7:00 JP/Tokyo;  
6:00-8:00 AU/Brisbane
   Dial-in information on WG Admin page  
<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/admin>

1. Roll call, select scribe
(see scribe list below)

2. Agenda review, AOB

3. Call for corrections to the minutes
   - 2004-12-20:  
<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/4/12/20-ws-addr-minutes.html>

4. Review action items  
<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/admin#actionitems>

     2004-10-26: Anish to start (and own) issue 013.  PENDING
     2004-10-26: Gudge to start (and own) issue 004.  PENDING
     2004-10-26: Gudge to start (and own) issue 025.  PENDING
     2004-10-26: MarcH to start (and own) issue 007.  PENDING
     2004-10-26: MarcH to start (and own) issue 015.  PENDING
     2004-10-26: Rebecca to start (and own) issue 024.  PENDING
     2004-12-07: Anish (and Hugo) to develop discussion of issue 021,  
focusing on requirements.  PENDING
     2004-12-07: Chair to notify WS CG about status of issue 021 WRT  
MEPs, ADF, etc.  PENDING
     2004-12-08: Paco to clarify the nature of properties in the core  
for issue 038.  PENDING
     2004-12-08: Editors to make proposal for issue 038 in WSDL document  
and bring back to group. Due 2005-01-10.  PENDING
     2004-12-08: Gudge to redraw the chart he presented WRT issue 001  
with more columns, for discussion via e-mail.  PENDING
     2004-12-09: Hugo to comment on Jonathan's proposal for issue 034  
regarding uniqueness of Interface names in default Actions.  PENDING
     2004-12-09: MarcH to extend Jonathan's proposal for issue 034 to  
cover WSDL-defined Faults, for issue 035.  PENDING
     2004-12-13: Dims to expand upon, give example of, and effect of  
proposed solutions on composibility problem WRT issue 008.  PENDING
     2004-12-13: Dims to talk to William from HP WRT modifying EPRs  
(potential issue).  PENDING
     2004-12-13: Glen to expand upon, give example of, and effect of  
proposed solutions on simplicity, consistency, clarity problems WRT  
issue 008.  PENDING
     2004-12-13: Hugo to start discussion on what and how many things we  
are identifying WRT issue 001.  PENDING
     2004-12-13: Paul to expand upon proposal three for issue 009. Due  
2005-01-03.  PENDING
     2004-12-20: Anish review issue 017 to clarify description and  
sub-issues.  PENDING
     2004-12-20: Anish to make strawmap proposal of operation-name  
mapping for issue 017. Due 2004-12-30.  PENDING
     2004-12-20: Arun to own issue 040.  PENDING
     2004-12-20: Chair to say WG declines issue regarding interaction  
with application protocols.  DONE
     2004-12-20: Rich to do security/vulnerabilty comparison of wrapper  
and attribute proposals. Due 2004-12-31.  PENDING
     2004-12-20: Yin-Leng to review ws-chor. Due 2005-01-13.  PENDING

5. Upcoming Meetings

* January F2F, Melbourne VIC AU
   - Registration (see admin page  
<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/admin#schedule>)
   - Local Arrangements

* March F2F, Boston MA US (Tech Plenary)
   - Dates, location

6. New and Proposed Issues

* Proposed Issue: Modifying EPRs
    
<http://www.w3.org/mid/ 
87527035FDD42A428221FA578D4A9A5B08907A87@usilms24.ca.com>
   ACTION: 2004-12-13: Dims to talk to William from HP WRT modifying EPRs

7. Issues <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/>

* i001 - EPRs as Identifiers
   Owner: David Orchard
   ACTION: 2004-12-08: Martin Gudgin to redraw the chart he presented  
with more columns, for discussion.
   ACTION: 2004-12-13: Hugo Haas to start discussion on what and how  
many things we are identifying.
   Proposal 1:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/ 
32D5845A745BFB429CBDBADA57CD41AF0B8354E2@ussjex01.amer.bea.com>
   Proposal 2:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/OF129D3AFB.57179590-ON85256F5D.00554558 
-85256F5D.0062EADC@us.ibm.com>
   Proposal 3: <http://www.w3.org/mid/20041204000058.GK16600@w3.org>

* i008 - RefProps/RefParams as individual SOAP headers
   Owner: Glen Daniels
   ACTION: 2004-12-13: Davanum Srinivas to expand upon, give example of,  
and demonstrate effect of proposed solutions on composibility problem.
   ACTION: 2004-12-13: Glen Daniels to expand upon, give example of, and  
describe effect of proposed solutions on simplicity, consistency,  
clarity problems.
   ACTION: 2004-12-20: Rich Salz to do security/vulnerability comparison  
of wrapper and attribute proposals.  Due 2004-12-31
   Proposal 1:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/ 
80A43FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B27B2B7D1@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com>
   Proposal 2:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/ 
80A43FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B27B2B7D1@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com>
   Proposal 3:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/ 
87527035FDD42A428221FA578D4A9A5B089974EE@usilms24.ca.com>
   Straw poll 2004-12-09: Necessary to be able to identify RefPs in  
messages: 9 yes, 6 no, 4 unsure

* i009 - Cardinality of properties and their values
   Owner: Paul Downey
   ACTION: 2004-12-13: Paul Downey to expand upon proposal three.  Due  
2005-01-03
   Proposal 1:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/2B7789AAED12954AAD214AEAC13ACCEF1A03326A@i2km02- 
ukbr.domain1.systemhost.net>
   Proposal 2:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/2B7789AAED12954AAD214AEAC13ACCEF1A03326A@i2km02- 
ukbr.domain1.systemhost.net>
   Proposal 3:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/2B7789AAED12954AAD214AEAC13ACCEF1A03326A@i2km02- 
ukbr.domain1.systemhost.net>

* i014 - Metadata Update/Reconciliation
   Owner: Hugo Haas
   Proposal 1: <http://www.w3.org/mid/20041215133736.GG21750@w3.org>

* i017 - Purpose of the Action property
   Owner: Anish Karmarkar
   ACTION: 2004-12-20: Anish Karmarkar to clarify description and  
sub-issues.
   ACTION: 2004-12-20: Anish Karmarkar to make strawman proposal of  
operation name mapping.  Due 2004-12-30

* i021 - WSDL Extension for Addressing
   Owner: Hugo Haas
   ACTION: 2004-12-07: Anish Karmarkar to develop discussion, focusing  
on requirements.
   ACTION: 2004-12-07: Mark Nottingham to notify WS-CG about status WRT  
MEPs, ADF, etc.
   Proposal 1: <http://www.w3.org/mid/20041105215731.GD20555@w3.org>

* i034 - Action Defaults
   Owner: Anish Karmarkar
   ACTION: 2004-12-09: Hugo Haas to comment on Jonathan's proposal  
regarding uniqueness of Interface names in default Actions.
   Proposal 1: <http://www.w3.org/mid/20041208205802.GP3484@w3.org>
   Proposal 2:  
<http://www.w3.org/mid/7DA77BF2392448449D094BCEF67569A505FABB99@RED- 
MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

* i035 - Fixed action URI for faults
   Owner: Marc Hadley
   ACTION: 2004-12-09: Marc Hadley to extend Jonathan's proposal for  
issue 034 to cover WSDL-defined Faults.
   Proposal 1: Eliminate the fixed URI and extend the default
     action pattern to generate unique URIs for each fault message as  
well as the
     input and output message. Retain the capability to easily  
differentiate a
     fault action from a non-fault action.

* i038 - Scope of message addressing properties
   Owner: Martin Gudgin
   ACTION: 2004-12-08: Francisco Curbera to clarify the nature of  
properties in the core.
   ACTION: 2004-12-08: Marc Hadley to make proposal in WSDL document and  
bring back to group.  Due 2005-01-10

* i041 - Use Cases for Testing
   Owner: Harris Reynolds

8. Other business


-----------------------------------------------------------
Scribe list

A participant from the Member at the top of the list is expected to  
scribe the meeting. If no participant from that Member is able to  
scribe, a participant from the the next Member on the list is expected  
to scribe, and so forth. After one participant from a Member scribes,  
that Member's name goes to the bottom of the list.

BEA
CA
HP
Microsoft
Nokia
Novell
Oracle
SAP
Sonic
Sun
Systinet
W3C
webMethods
SeeBeyond
BT
IONA
Hitachi
Fujitsu
Arjuna
IBM
Datapower

See <http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/minutes.html> for more information  
about taking minutes.


--
Mark Nottingham   Principal Technologist
Office of the CTO   BEA Systems
Received on Monday, 3 January 2005 03:04:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:35:00 GMT