endpoint definition

(time for a new subject, I think)

Hi Jim,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:45:44AM -0000, Jim Webber wrote:

> > "A Web service endpoint is a (referenceable) resource to
> > which Web service messages can be addressed. Endpoint
> > references convey the information needed to address a Web
> > service endpoint."
>
> -1
>
> That's very sneaky Mark :-)

Me, sneaky? 8-)

But seriously, my proposal was just to remove redundant information, not
to change the meaning.  Saying "entity, processor, or resource" is akin
to saying "red, blue, or a colour"; might as well just say "a colour".

> "A Web service endpoint is a (referenceable) software agent to which Web
> service messages can be addressed. Endpoint references convey the
> information needed to address a Web service endpoint."

That would be a significant restriction over what's permitted by the
current definition, and would prevent a whole lot of Web-style
interactions.  -1

Cheers,

Mark.