W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-addressing@w3.org > October 2004

RE: Minutes of the 2004-10-21 teleconference

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:05:51 -0400
Message-ID: <80A43FC052CE3949A327527DCD5D6B2793CC44@MAIL01.bedford.progress.com>
To: "Hugo Haas" <hugo@w3.org>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

Hi Hugo:

Philippe and I both showed up late, but were present.

--Glen 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Hugo Haas
> Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 11:03 AM
> To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
> Subject: Minutes of the 2004-10-21 teleconference
> 
> ... are available at:
> 
> 	http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html
> 
> Please note that this is the scribe's copy.
> 
> Text dump follows:
> 
> 
>    [1]W3C 
> 
>                         Web Services Addressing WG call
>                                   21 oct 2004
> 
>    [2]Agenda
> 
>    See also: [3]IRC log
> 
> Attendees
> 
>    Present
>           Hugo, Mark_Nottingham, Michael.Eder, Mark.Peel, 
> Jonathan_Marsh,
>           Rebecca.Bergersen, Harris, Bob.Freund, J.Mischkinsky,
>           Steve.Winkler, Paco, JacekK, Anish, Ales.Novy, Dave.Orchard,
>           Marc.Hadley, Yin-Leng
> 
>    Regrets
> 
>    Chair
>           Mark Nottingham
> 
>    Scribe
>           hugo
> 
> Contents
> 
>      * [4]Topics
>          1. [5]Agenda review, AOB
>          2. [6]Working Group process and administrivia
>          3. [7]Work items and schedule
>          4. [8]NYC Face-to-Face
>      * [9]Summary of Action Items
>      _________________________________________________________________
> 
>    <scribe> Scribe: hugo
> 
> Agenda review, AOB
> 
>    Nothing technical today
> 
> Working Group process and administrivia
> 
>    Mark: the charter is at 
> [10]http://www.w3.org/2004/09/wsa-charter.html
>    ... it's based on the W3C process, which is consensus-based
>    ... it's also under the W3C patent policy
>    ... we have 2 mailing lists: a member one for 
> administrative matters, and
>    the public list is for technical matters
>    ... in case we communicate with groups that don't work in 
> public, we may use
>    the member-confidential list
>    ... if you have issues accessing parts of the Web site, 
> contact Hugo
>    ... minutes should be taken on IRC
> 
>    <mnot> [11]http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/info/name.php3
> 
>    Mark: it helps to take action items, keep track of the queue, etc.
> 
>    <mnot> [12]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36696/telcontime/
> 
>    Mark: for telcon times, it's going to be tough to pick a time
>    ... it should be linked from the WG page
> 
>    <scribe> ACTION: Hugo to link polls from home page
> 
>    Jonathan: are you going to send the agenda to the member 
> list or the public
>    list?
> 
>    Mark: any preference?
> 
>    <anish> i prefer that the agenda goes to public
> 
>    Jeff: we use the public list in WSD
>    ... except for regrets and call-in numbers
> 
>    Mark: ok, let's try that then
>    ... please note that if you can't make it to the meeting, 
> please send
>    regrets to the administrative list
>    ... I'd like to make a decision on telcon times next week
>    ... please answer ASAP
>    ... we will need to take minutes
>    ... I'll make a call for volunteers, otherwise we'll do a 
> round-robin among
>    WG members
>    ... IRC is not required, but preferred
> 
>    <Marsh> [13]http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> 
>    Jonathan: IRC gets very useful as soon as lots of people join
> 
>    Mark: we'll have F2Fs every 1.5 months to start with
>    ... we should have one in December, and one in Jan
>    ... I have set up a poll
>    ... we should have one in Europe, one on the West Coast, 
> then at the Tech
>    Plen
> 
>    Jonathan: the WSDWG is interested in colocating
>    ... there is a big overlap
>    ... we have been looking at January
>    ... we can work on this on the CG call
> 
>    Marc: I am wondering if we are going to have critical mass 
> with such a
>    frequency
> 
>    MarkN: the charter is pretty clear about this
>    ... actually, this is related to good standing
> 
>    <dorchard> is it really miss 1 in 3?
> 
>    MarkN: not attending too many meetings in a row may place 
> you in bad
>    standing
> 
>    <plh>
>    
> [14]http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#goo
> d-standing
> 
>    MarkN: if we have too many people not in good standing, we 
> will see how it
>    impacts the req for quorum
> 
>    Jeff: what rules will you be using for good standing?
> 
>    <dorchard> yeah, it's miss more than 1 in 3 meetings.
> 
>    MarkN: [ quotes the process / URL above ]
>    ... this has to be applied evenly in the WG
>    ... this will be applied pretty strictly
> 
>    Jeff: I note that there will be telcons during holidays
> 
>    Mark: we'll have to figure things out for holidays
> 
>    DaveO: both reps count for resetting the standing counter
> 
>    Jeff: how do you get it back if you lose it?
> 
>    Mark: you basically participate regularly
>    ... with regards to the issues process:
>    ... I would like to callect issues starting next week at the F2F
>    ... I would like to see for each issue a description of 
> the issue, and a
>    fairly fleshed out resolution proposal
>    ... also, which specifications it applies to should be specified
>    ... re decision making: it's a consensus-based process
>    ... if we can't establish consensus, we'll use a formal 
> vote with simple
>    majority
>    ... issues won't be reopen without new evidence
> 
> Work items and schedule
> 
>    Mark: Basis of work: WS-Addressing
>    ... deliverables:
>    ... Web Services Addressing specification
>    ... Web Services Addressing SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Binding 
> specification
>    ... Web Services Addressing WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 Binding 
> specification
>    ... Test suite, with 4 interoperable implementations
>    ... we have a fair amount of work ahead of us
>    ... re editors: if you are interested in becoming an 
> editor, please contact
>    Hugo and I
>    ... since we have a tight schedule, I'm going to be 
> inclined to choose
>    somebody with W3C editing experince, but it's not a req
>    ... for use cases, we will use this as a motivation to 
> make decisions
> 
>    Anish: is SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 being normatively 
> referenced from a Rec an
>    exception?
> 
>    Mark: no; note that there will be time next week to 
> discussed issues derived
>    from the charter
> 
> NYC Face-to-Face
> 
>    Mark: I'd like us to walk out with a good understanding of 
> the issues we
>    face
>    ... also, we need to get to know each other
> 
>    Jonathan: I'm interested in knowing what our 
> implementation story is
>    ... who has implementations? who has test suites to help 
> us for CR stage?
> 
>    Mark: I'll get a revised agenda out today
>    ... note that there is a reading list
>    ... please register before tonight midnight:
>    [15]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36696/addr200410/
> 
>    <harris> dinner Monday sounds good
> 
>    Mark: it is traditional to have a group dinner
>    ... maybe on Monday
> 
>    Paco: I'll look for places to go to
> 
>    <Rebecca> bye
> 
> Summary of Action Items
> 
>    [NEW] ACTION: Hugo to link polls from home page [recorded in
>    [16]http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-irc#T17-12-43]
>      _________________________________________________________________
> 
> 
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl 1.92 
> ([18]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2004/10/21 17:58:21 $
> 
> References
> 
>    1. http://www.w3.org/
>    2. 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-addressing/2004O
> ct/0022.html
>    3. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-irc
>    4. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#agenda
>    5. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#item01
>    6. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#item02
>    7. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#item03
>    8. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#item04
>    9. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-minutes.html#ActionSummary
>   10. http://www.w3.org/2004/09/wsa-charter.html
>   11. http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/info/name.php3
>   12. http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36696/telcontime/
>   13. http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>   14. 
> http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/groups.html#good-standing
>   15. http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36696/addr200410/
>   16. http://www.w3.org/2004/10/21-ws-addr-irc#T17-12-43
>   17. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribe.perl
>   18. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/scribe.perl
> 
> --
> Hugo Haas - W3C
> mailto:hugo@w3.org - http://www.w3.org/People/Hugo/
> 
Received on Thursday, 21 October 2004 18:06:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:34:58 GMT