RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers

I don't believe I have ever claimed that endpoints with different
porttypes/security requirements/etc. could not be distinguished by URI.
Obviously they can. However, I will repeat that we think that, in SOAP
based systems, being able to distinguish between such endpoints using
SOAP headers is also useful. I am not trying to force people that wants
to use URIs to distinguish between such services to use SOAP headers
instead. I'm happy for them to use URIs. But I equally don't want to
force someone who DOES want to distinguish between such endpoints using
SOAP headers from doing so.

Regarding necessity, one could argue that XML is not *necessary* as we
could just agree on ad-hoc formats for every exchange. High-level
programming languages are not *necessary* as we could all program in
assembly language or raw hex (perhaps some on this list still do... ).

Gudge