RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers

From: David Booth <dbooth@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:47:39 -0500
To: Francisco Curbera <curbera@us.ibm.com>
Cc: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, public-ws-addressing@w3.org

Paco,

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 13:31, Francisco Curbera wrote:
> Just to add one comment to DaveO's answer. Different customerKeys could
> perfectly be associated with different policies, so I don't think your
> argument against them appearing as reference properties is valid.

DaveO's example was supposed to illustrate the need for Reference
Properties.

I agree that it is *possible* for different customerKeys to have
different policies that would require them to be processed by different
service endpoints.  But in most cases, it would more natural and usual
for requests to be processed by the *same* service endpoint even if
their customerKeys or policies differ (though I suppose that depends on
your definition of "policy").

In other words, the use of different customerKeys (or even different
policies) does not adequately *motivate* the need for Reference
Properties.  It would be far more instructive to use an example that
logically requires a different interface.

--

David Booth
W3C Fellow / Hewlett-Packard