RE: ISSUE 8 : "Clarity and Safety"

The same way you decide whether or not you like a URI?

The fact that some XML can be assumed to be opaque does not preclude
someone from making decisions based on aspects of that XML. People have
posited that they might have reasons for not wanting to use certain
reference property/parameter elements. If this is the case, then they
need to *not* treat the data as opaque and rather use whatever criteria
they choose to deterimine whether the data does or does not fit those
criteria.

Gudge