Re: i0001: EPRs as identifiers (why XML?)

The URI part of the EPR seems to fit well inside wsa:To, so I don't
see a problem there.  What I believe is that the reference property
information should be part of the URI, and therefore map to a SOAP
envelope via wsa:To rather than an extension header.

BTW, partly as an aside (but partly not), I think it's quite telling
that the SOAP binding is lossy (i.e. given a recipient of a SOAP
message cannot reconstruct an EPR).  This suggests to me that
insufficient thought has been put into the value of EPRs as a
standalone entity.  Have any other bindings been defined?  I believe
it is risky to draw any general conclusions about what an EPR should
look like based on a single binding.

FWIW,  if reference properties were removed, then the binding would be lossless.

Mark.