Re: WS-A Issue 28 - Multiple ports needed in an EPR

From: Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:14:14 +0600
To: <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

"Rich Salz" <rsalz@datapower.com> writes:

> Yeah, but does it have to go in the message?
>
> Perhaps a ReplyTo needs all the EPR's, but it seems to me that the
> sender-side runtime does *not* need to enumerate all addresses in the
> message it's creating.  Does it?

No, not at all .. I think Steve is arguing that that needs to be
there in the EPR structure. Whether that gets serialized into
the message itself as the <To> EPR (logically speaking) is a
different question. I would agree with you that you don't need
those when sending an actual message to an actual endpoint -
where you have already selected one protocol etc..

Sanjiva.