Question regarding cardinality of [destination]

From: Rimas Rekasius <rimas@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:33:42 -0500
To: public-ws-addressing-comments@w3.org
When I read the Last Call Working Draft [1] of the Web Services Addressing
1.0 - Core specification, I see that the cardinality indicator associated
with the "[destination]" property in section 3. Message Addressing
Properties [2] is "(mandatory)".  Unfortunately, I do not see a definition
of "(mandatory)" anywhere in the same document (I even checked RFC 2119
[3]).  So, while I would doubt that anyone would argue about associating
minOccurs=1 to the term, it is less clear what value of maxOccurs to
associate.  I can see arguments for both one and unbounded.  So...

(1) What did the authors intend for the meaning of "(mandatory)"?

(2) If the intent was in fact maxOccurs=unbounded, could you help me to
understand the use cases behind the intent?  I have some ideas, but I am
sure that the authors must have more.

Thanks,

Rimas V. Rekasius
e-business Industry Standards Architect