Feedback on xs:nonNegativeInteger (SOAP, clarification)

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:29:23 -0700
To: <public-ws-addressing-comments@w3.org>

Regarding the request for feedback on the use of xs:nonNegativeInteber,
we prefer xs:unsignedInt.

xs:nonNegativeInteger allows an arbitrary number of digits, which is
inconvenient when mapping to native types in our tooling, and introduces
implementation-specific limitations which may affect interop.

xs:duration also allows arbitrary precision and the accompanying
implementation-specific limitations, yet is difficult to restrict this
type via pattern facets and even then doesn't map well into native types
in our tooling.

xs:unsignedLong may also be acceptable because it's easy to tool and
manipulate, although we don't see a need for 50 million year durations
in this case.

We therefore prefer xs:unsignedInt.