W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > March 2019

[wot-ig/wg] 6 March 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 12:30:40 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VbyN973aJgzxUjQQ9DTCNP4wVkKt-YkoMOsFQCBNbiJA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/03/06-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

FYI, the announcement for the Second WoT workshop has been sent out:
* Public list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2019Mar/0002.html
* W3C homepage: https://www.w3.org/

Pleases see also the workshop Call for Participation page at:
  https://www.w3.org/WoT/ws-2019/cfp.html

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

06 Mar 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Micheal_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Lagally,
          Daniel_Peintner, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Yosuke_Nakamura,
          Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Updates
               o [4]Workshop
               o [5]Daylight saving
               o [6]Lightning talk at AC2019
               o [7]VCWG f2f
               o [8]Terminology
         2. [9]TAG review
         3. [10]TF reports
               o [11]Architecture
               o [12]TD
               o [13]Binding
               o [14]Scripting
               o [15]Security
         4. [16]AOB?
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     * [18]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <McCool>
   [19]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_Mar_2019

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_Mar_2019

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Updates

* Workshop

   Kaz: ws pages ready
   ... comm team sending out announcement

   McCool: deadline apr. 7
   ... let's invite people to present

   Lagally: still open for pc
   ... additional people welcome

   Kaz: one more from China

   Lagally: ok

   McCool: good for users
   ... not only tech guys
   ... interested in smart city
   ... move on

* Daylight saving

   McCool: next
   ... daylight saving
   ... depending on your timezone
   ... Calls are all scheduled in US Eastern Time, and European
   daylight savings starts on a different date, so...
   ... In Europe, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10
   and then and then go back one hour later after March 31.
   ... In Japan, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10.
   ... For this meeting, March 6 will be as usual, then the one
   after that will be an hour earlier, except in the US
   (generally...)

* Lightning talk at AC2019

   McCool: ac meeting on april 7-9
   ... one chair to go, so my turn
   ... lightning talk on WoT
   ... on april 8
   ... 5-10 mins
   ... very brief presentation
   ... what WoT is like
   ... elevator pitch

* VCWG f2f

   McCool: next
   ... Kaz at VCWG f2f
   ... should be useful

   [20]https://www.w3.org/2019/03/04-vcwg-minutes.html

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2019/03/04-vcwg-minutes.html

   [21]https://www.w3.org/2019/03/05-vcwg-minutes.html

     [21] https://www.w3.org/2019/03/05-vcwg-minutes.html

   Kaz: vc data model spec includes json and json-ld
   serializations
   ... also mime types
   ... they'll get TAG review next week
   ... the review result should be useful/interesting to us

* Terminology

   McCool: next thing
   ... Matthias

   Matthias: started definitions
   ... worked on the arch document
   ... recent discussion for affordance revised
   ... would confirm some addition needed
   ... fundamental concept missing
   ... not Web of pages using links
   ... but have not got much response
   ... not sure how to deal with this issue
   ... this redefinition need fundamental update
   ... wondering about the group's opinions
   ... the fundamental scope of WoT to go
   ... really critical, I think

   McCool: we need to take it in account

   Matthias: kind of concern our discussions are not really
   reflected yet
   ... after today's chairs call, made some proposal
   ... don't want to dictate the situation but would like to build
   consensus
   ... what are the fundamental corner points

   <McCool> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/92

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/92

   <McCool>
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/282#iss
   uecomment-466488572

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/282#issuecomment-466488572

   Matthias: tf-crossing discussion there

   McCool: people, please look at it
   ... we should be aware of all our discussions

   Matthias: maybe some confusion here

   <mlagally> my audio apparently is not working - We will talk
   about it in tomorrow's architecture call

   Matthias: can make the first half hour for the arch discussion
   tomorrow
   ... should invite Victor too
   ... corner stone discussions
   ... we have a problem

   McCool: what happened here
   ... used older reference
   ... should try to synthesize updated definition
   ... maybe somebody could pull up the old definition and put
   that to the issue 282?
   ... we can carry out the discussion

   Matthias: overall, we have many places...

   Lagally: had topics from the arch call last week
   ... pretty aware we need discussion
   ... great to have Matthias and Victor

   McCool: ok
   ... I'll also join it

   Matthias: my concern includes that just a few people lead the
   discussion
   ... we need consensus
   ... now we have less time
   ... not blaming anybody

   Koster: can also look into it
   ... also try to join the architecture call

   Kaz: sorry but can't make the arch call tomorrow

   McCool: ok

TAG review

   McCool: next
   ... TAG review
   ... need explainer documents
   ... created a template for TD as well
   ... need to create draft text
   ... Friday for the first draft
   ... need explainer docs for TD and Arch
   ... make sure that happens
   ... overall schedule for CR transition
   ... end of March
   ... TAG review procedure starts on Monday
   ... need to make sure we won't change the specs and finalize
   them
   ... need to pick a date for finalizing them
   ... explains the status of TD implementation report
   ... some of new features there
   ... some of silly things
   ... forgot to add actions
   ... this is to be checked in and merged
   ... all "0" fields mean "not implemented yet"
   ... now the highlighting in the TD draft works
   ... btw, lagally, do you have any ideas on normative assertions
   from the arch doc?

   Lagally: don't think so, but need to check

   Kaz: as I mentioned last week, we need to think about other
   wide reviews as well
   ... we should clarify candidate groups based on the Charter and
   the updated situation
   ... e.g., i18n, a12y, json-ld
   ... we can mention the fact that we already talked about
   several points
   ... and ask them for review from additional viewpoints
   ... and regarding security, we can ask TAG to check the specs
   from security viewpoint

   McCool: we should put all the related info together
   ... would make sense to put that on the wiki?

   Kaz: sure

   McCool: adds "Review" section to the group wiki
   ... TAG, i18n, a12y, json-ld
   ... and security
   ... should clarify who to contact them when

   Kaz: what about DAS?

   McCool: was mainly about scripting api

   Zoltan: already talked with them
   ... e.g., about updated proposal for api definition

   Kaz: in that case, maybe wot chair(s) can send an email to
   their chair(s) and ask if there is anything else remaining

   McCool: ok
   ... adds some more information about the current status
   ... who to contact i18n and a12y?

   Kaz: if you want, I can continue to talk with them

   McCool: comments about reviews?
   ... adds some more items on schedule for preparation
   ... march 8: explainers
   ... march 11: chairs edits
   ... march 12: submit to TAG
   ... end of march: CR transition
   ... we want to have a frozen version
   ... for the reviews
   ... anything else?

TF reports

Architecture

   McCool: arch?

   Lagally: we had a call last week
   ... now 2-hour discussion
   ... various PRs
   ... fixing links, etc.
   ... also proposing new diagrams
   ... went to pretty long discussion about overview
   ... also PR for that

   McCool: will provide comments by tomorrow

   Lagally: no need for significant new content
   ... mainly clean-up and clarification
   ... 5 PRs and 22 Issues now
   ... some require significant inputs
   ... please look into them
   ... also will have discussion on terminology tomorrow
   ... and explainer document
   ... very first draft for that

   <mlagally> WoT Architecture - Explanation for TAG review.md
   [24]https://github.com/mlagally/wot-architecture/blob/master/pr
   oposals/WoT%20Architecture%20-%20Explanation%20for%20TAG%20revi
   ew.md

     [24] https://github.com/mlagally/wot-architecture/blob/master/proposals/WoT
Architecture - Explanation for TAG review.md

   Lagally: McCool to provide one section
   ... mk also to provide another

TD

   McCool: next TD

   Taki: discussed JSON-LD issue
   ... on the JSON-LD repo

   [25]https://github.com/w3c/json-ld-api/issues/65

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/json-ld-api/issues/65

   Taki: Kaz is asking them about when to have joint discussion
   ... meanwhile, we have our own schedule
   ... in parallel to the discussion with JSON-LD WG
   ... one thing is serialization section
   ... not compatible with the JSON-LD 1.1 spec
   ... also suggested the section on "transformation to JSON-LD"
   to be removed (to become a separate doc)

   <McCool>
   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/405

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/405

   Taki: we'll continue discussion on Friday
   ... will work on the issues

   <McCool>
   [27]https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/343

     [27] https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/343

   McCool: we had a link for explainer example (above)

   Taki: ok

   <McCool>
   [28]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2018OctDec/0024
   .html

     [28] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2018OctDec/0024.html

   <McCool> [29]https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/106

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/106

   Kaz: given the current situation, we should ask the TAG for
   review based on the current draft
   ... with clear description on our issue within the explainer
   doc
   ... so vc result would be interesting

Binding

   McCool: next
   ... binding?
   ... some issue ongoing?

   Koster: Matthias made some contribution
   ... would like to work on that

   Lagally: would suggest Koster to look at the text within the
   architecture document
   ... and give comments if needed

   Koster: ok

Scripting

   McCool: scripting?

   Zoltan: discussion with Daniel
   ... how to close the API version
   ... let browser vendors join later
   ... we don't expect browser implementations at the moment
   ... interesting to see browser implementations as well, though
   ... similar issue on discovery like DAS discussion
   ... we could have convenience function maybe
   ... have written report from the last meeting
   ... Daniel is investigating implementation costs

   McCool: ok

Security

   McCool: next security
   ... working on best practices doc
   ... also penetration testing
   ... busy to finalize TD
   ... got another expert from Intel
   ... do the actual penetration testing after CR transition
   ... in early April

AOB?

   McCool: aob?

   (none)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/03/08 03:26:53 $

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 8 March 2019 03:31:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 8 March 2019 03:31:43 UTC