W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 29 May 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 02:24:00 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VamUcQjQFPJa+KZfCQ17S80htVhvQ1vTJtZ=Ee5MUqgA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/05/29-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

29 May 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#29_May_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Koster, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Toru_Kawaguchi, ege, Michael_Lagally,
          Ege_Korkan, Takahisa_Suzuki, Zoltan_Kis,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Matthias

   Scribe
          TK

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick Updates - IG Charter
         2. [5]Workshop
         3. [6]F2F
         4. [7]IG Charter (revisited)
         5. [8]PR publication tasks
         6. [9]TAG reviews
         7. [10]Deliverables
         8. [11]Marketing
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: TK

   <scribe> scribeNick: taki

   <McCool> agenda:
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#29_May_2019

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#29_May_2019

Quick Updates - IG Charter

   McCool: rechartering IG
   ... sent request for nomination.
   ... want to confirm if we received all nominations including
   externals
   ... currently 3 requested for IG charter
   ... please send your request immediately.

   Legally: Please put me tentatively.

   McCool: there was a confusion about IG and WG.

   Lagally: I suggest to keep open WG positions for now.

   McCool: We can discuss WG positions in workshop.

   Matthias: we are seeking one new comer.
   ... big point about workshop is getting new people.
   ... it is about candidates.
   ... to show management that people currently not active now is
   welcome for candidates.

   Kaz: as W3C process document states, W3C director appoints
   chairs.
   ... However, group's suggestion is welcome.
   ... chair's role is defined by chair's guideline.
   ... we used to have 3 co-chairs. Usually W3C director suggests
   one chair or 2 co-chairs.

   <kaz> [15]Chairs role guide

     [15] https://www.w3.org/Guide/chair/role.html

   <kaz> [16]multiple Chairs guide

     [16] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Multiple_Chairs

   McCool: so we collection a pool of candidates.

   Sebastian: IG/WG, completely separate?

   Matthias: we never stated people has to be same.
   ... one chair do both chairs was considered reasonable that
   time.

   RESOLUTION: add Michael Lagally to the list of proposed
   co-chairs for the proposed IG charter

   Sebastian: +1 to add Lagally to the candidate list.

   McCool: there are no objections.

Workshop

   McCool: you need to register and describe demo logistics.
   ... any comments about workshop?

   Lagally: if you are a speaker, please submit slides by Monday.
   ... we have a dedecated laptop for presentation.
   ... also one or two page slides for demo.

   Sebastian: I picked all posters provided. they are going to be
   printed.

   McCool: deadline passed?

   Sebastian: Yes.

   Ege: preparation day. Has everybody registered for preparation
   day?
   ... The page is same as F2F.

   McCool: Please print out the letter and bring with you.

F2F

   <McCool>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-7_June_2019,_
   Munich,_Germany#Agenda

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-7_June_2019,_Munich,_Germany#Agenda

   McCool: Two days.
   ... Major task is WG rechartering.
   ... If there are other things that are important, please bring
   them.
   ... we want to leave a bit early on Friday.
   ... Agenda point includes report from workshop...
   ... gather requirements for the charter. scope, liaison, etc.
   ... charter draft will be presented on Friday.
   ... Mozilla can join by phone on Friday.

   Matthias: It was Dave who had time constraints.

   McCool: Friday, there are two hours, we can spent for test
   report.
   ... if there are any reds, we need to clear them up.
   ... anything else we can discuss in that 2 hours also.

   Matthias: anybody leaving early on Friday?

   Lagally: early afternoon.

   Kawaguchi: I will leave on Friday.
   ... 9pm flight.

   McCool: wrap up around 3pm should be ok.

   <mlagally> +1

   Daniel: scripting topic can be Thursday. Zoltan and myself will
   leave Thursday afternoon.

   McCool: Zoltan and Daniel Peintner will regret on Friday.

   Zoltan: I can join by phone on Friday.

IG Charter (revisited)

   <McCool>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-7_June_2019,_
   Munich,_Germany#Agenda

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-7_June_2019,_Munich,_Germany#Agenda

   McCool: there is a rendered version.

   <McCool> [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761

   Matthias: there is a list of work items #761.

   Lagally: I added a couple of comments.
   ... sorry for the delay.

   McCool: Originally, we planned to have this done by yesterday.

   Kaz: we have to submit this charter by next Wednesday.

   McCool: I suggest to send this out in the next couple of days.
   ... I suggest to record resolution.

   Matthias: I need to go through the PRs.
   ... including Lagally's.

   McCool is going through Laggaly's PR #761...

   McCool: EdgeX and OpenAPI, I suggested to add them.

   Lagally: suggested to mention Digital Twin.

   Matthias: Template relates to lifecycle.

   Lagally: Thing templates are orthogonal to lifecycle management
   in my opinion.

   Matthias: It is simply a collection of related work items.

   Lagally: I do not suggest to put them on a single line.

   Sebastian: Digital Twin idea is a broad concept.

   Lagally: people want to have representative of devices, manage
   historical data, run models, etc.

   McCool: overlaps with TD. IIC discusses Admin Shell.
   ... simulation is a new concept for us.
   ... we need to clarify definition of Digital Twin, and
   relationship to WoT.
   ... we need to say: clarify relationship to digital twin.

   Matthias: that sounds ok.

   Lagally: we can make reference to workshop from IG charter.

   Matthias: There is also Data activity.

   Dave: there is a blog for that.

   McCool: Please suggest citation.

   Lagally: It is not a blocker.

   McCool: Issues are rising from workshop. we can say this way.

   Matthias: It does not add anything to the charter.

   Lagally: use cases and requirements are also deliverables.
   ... process document, we should point to new one.

   McCool: we should make a resolution to adopt those changes.

   McCool is typing a proposed resolution...

   <McCool> proposal: the modifications as discussed in
   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761 will be completed and
   the revised IG Charter proposal will be submitted to W3M

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761

   McCool: any comments?

   RESOLUTION: the modifications as discussed in
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761 will be completed and
   the revised IG Charter proposal will be submitted to W3M

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761

PR publication tasks

   <McCool>
   [22]https://cdn.statically.io/gh/mmccool/wot-thing-description/
   updated-test-results/testing/report.html#test_class

     [22] https://cdn.statically.io/gh/mmccool/wot-thing-description/updated-test-results/testing/report.html#test_class

   McCool: I rendered testing results.
   ... can defer detailed discussion.
   ... there are red items.
   ... manual assertions, in particular.
   ... smartthings and FUJITSU TDs.
   ... I manually fixed.

   <McCool> [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/757

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/757

   McCool: Koster and Fujitsu, please check.

   <McCool> [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/751

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/751

   McCool: I will create issues for all remaning reds.
   ... Please resolve those PRs as soon as possible.

   Kaz: comment on update for TD draft CR, I need to discuss with
   you about assertions.

   McCool: Let's schedule a meeting between us.

TAG reviews

   McCool: We're pinging them.
   ... by June 12, we need to get TAG reviews.
   ... June 19 - PR trsnsition resolution. all edits have to be
   done by June 18.
   ... Stay awake and make sure to finalize all the edits.
   ... We have to get things done.

   Kaz: I contacted the TAG Team Contact, Yves Lafon.
   ... and asked for review comments by "early" June.

Deliverables

   McCool: renaming for security and privacy documents.
   ... rename for security and privacy consideration document.
   ... this is a deliverable.
   ... Test cases description will be part of TD implementation
   report.
   ... we should remove from deliverable list.
   ... Hold security best practices until new IG charter.
   ... Security Testing plan should be merged to security and
   privacy guideline.

   security best practices will be published in the next charter.

   McCool: testing plan currently refers to security best
   practices.
   ... we can remove that for now.
   ... any comments?

   Matthias: This is quite chaotic. The purpose to clear it up.

   McCool is typing in a proposed resolutions...

   RESOLUTION: Rename Security and Privacy Considerations to
   Security and Privacy Guidelines and publish as a WG Note

   RESOLUTION: Remove Test Cases from WG Deliverables; will
   however be documented as part of TD Implementation Report

   RESOLUTION: Add Security Testing Plan to the Security and
   Privacy Guidelines and include in update.

   RESOLUTION: Hold Security Best Practices until the new IG
   charter.

Marketing

   Lagally: Architecture Task Force, I suggest to cancel call this
   week.

   <mlagally>
   [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/wot-su
   mmary-and-roadmap-05-2019.pptx

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/wot-summary-and-roadmap-05-2019.pptx

   Lagally: my colleague presented WoT in China in ISO/IEC SC41.

   Matthias: I updated WG page.
   ... I will remove "Test Cases" from the page.
   ... IG page. someone who is familiar with blog posting system,
   we should have workshop posted here.

   Dave: It is easy to post.
   ... we need an action.

   Matthias: We need to copy text from WG page into IG page.

   <McCool> copy workshop content from here:
   [26]https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

   McCool: Dave, can you take that action?

   Dave: OK. I will coordinate with Kaz.

   McCool: Do we need to update red text at the front of the IG
   page?

   Matthias: there is also entry page.
   ... next week, we should discuss to have this page up-to-date.

   Kaz: If we want to update group page, we need to clarify and
   write down our requirements.

   McCool: First, content needs to be made up-to-date.

   Sebastian: it is 2 years old. we just need to implement it.

   Kaz: Who will provide concrete text?

   McCool: we can discuss in F2F.

   Dave: I suggest to make temporary update this week.
   ... some simple stuff.

   Kaz: If everyone is ok with that tentative fix, we can work on
   that this week.
   ... let's discuss details during F2F.

   McCool: fine minutes break.
   ... adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [27]add Michael Lagally to the list of proposed co-chairs
       for the proposed IG charter
    2. [28]the modifications as discussed in
       https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/761 will be completed and
       the revised IG Charter proposal will be submitted to W3M
    3. [29]Rename Security and Privacy Considerations to Security
       and Privacy Guidelines and publish as a WG Note
    4. [30]Remove Test Cases from WG Deliverables; will however be
       documented as part of TD Implementation Report
    5. [31]Add Security Testing Plan to the Security and Privacy
       Guidelines and include in update.
    6. [32]Hold Security Best Practices until the new IG charter.

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/05/30 17:21:26 $

     [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [34] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 30 May 2019 17:25:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 30 May 2019 17:25:08 UTC