W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2018

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 11 April 2018

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 01:06:21 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V=fRd7Z-agayuXQkte+8KMKVO7Scd-DnwjpfhZYRHm-g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2018/04/11-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

11 Apr 2018

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dave_Raggett, Fano_Ramparany, Graeme_Coleman,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Soumya_Kanti_Datta,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Toru_Kawaguchi,
          Zoltan_Kis, Barry_Leiba, Darko_Anicic, Kazuaki_Nimura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kazuo_Kajimoto(only_on_IRC)

   Regrets

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]agenda - recap of f2f and review the minutes, task
            force review
         2. [5]f2f summary
         3. [6]Next ToDos
               o [7]Binding Templates
               o [8]Scripting API
               o [9]Thing Description
               o [10]Security
               o [11]Testing
         4. [12]AOB
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

agenda - recap of f2f and review the minutes, task force review

   Matthias: agenda bashing?

   McCool: recharter topic

   <kaz> +1 about rechartering

f2f summary

   <kaz> [15]f2f agenda

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_24-29_March_2018,_Prague,_Czech_Republic

   <kaz> [16]f2f minutes

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2018/03/23-29-wot-minutes.html

   Matthias: main decisions are to simplify TD and use json-ld 1.1
   ... benefits are higher than the risks of this dependency
   ... the other f2f discussion was the rechartering; the roadmap
   and changes due to rechartering
   ... on the json-ld 1.1, we concluded that we could reference a
   working draft to reduce the dependency risk

   <kajimoto> Yes, so rechartering might be better to be said as
   extension

   <kaz> [17]f2f minutes

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2018/03/23-29-wot-minutes.html

   Kaz: readout of the minutes from prague meetings
   ... readout of action items summary
   ... summary of decisions/resolutions from the prague f2f

   McCool: agreed to create a simplified life cycle diagram in the
   architecture spec
   ... and we would expand on this for each document

   Kaz: also initial discussion on Testing

   <kaz> [18]discussion on the testing plan

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2018/03/23-29-wot-minutes.html#mar29-item01

   <McCool> [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

   <kaz> [Plan for Testing (excerpt from the f2f minutes)]
     * Investigate Spec Tracking tools
          + Kaz - to investigate W3C requirements and tools - two
            weeks
          + Michael Lagally to work with Kaz
          + Two weeks from now
     * Update specifications with clear normative assertions
          + Per Task Force - person assigned
          + Target date: 1.5 months from now
     * Extract normative assertions
          + Ideally automatic... but worst case, manual
          + Target: 2 months from now
     * Update Test Definitions
          + Per deliverable - satisfy W3C requirements
          + Should track specification updates
          + Could associate with pull requests
          + Target date: 3 months from now
     * Implementation tests
          + Compare with current tests -> check off definitions
          + Target date: 3.5 monhts from now Fill gaps

   Kaz: in binding meeting 4/10, we agreed to create a TF for
   testing, starting discussion in the wot repository github
   issues
   ... please review the minutes and comment

Next ToDos

   <inserted> -> @@@ Matthias' slides

* Binding Templates

   Matthias: start with binding templates summary
   ... ToDos include Action and Event patterns and MQTT

   <kaz> [20]Binding Issue 41

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/41

   McCool: what is considered stable? when is the document stable?

   Koster: stable is a developer could implement a binding and not
   expect much change, know what's in and out

   Matthias: testing would be out of scope for mid-May

   <McCool> McCool: OPC-UA issue:
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/42

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/42

* Scripting API

   Matthias: next topic: scripting API
   ... decided to use a working branch and sync to master when
   everything is consistent

   <zkis> [22]https://github.com/heycam/webidl/issues/541

     [22] https://github.com/heycam/webidl/issues/541

   Daniel: discussion on semantic integration with WebIDL

   Zoltan: example of getting @type using maplike access with
   webIDL
   ... we don't expect any changes to WebIDL would be considered

   Matthias: OK if we have a simple version without semantic
   annotation for mid-April
   ... discovery API needs to be improved and included by end of
   April

   <kajimoto> I agree with Matthias.

* Thing Description

   Matthias: next topic: [Thing Description]

   <McCool> McCool: general comment, deadlines should be converted
   to absolute dates... relative are confusing

   Sebastian: next steps are specify the simplified TD

   <kaz> [23]Sebastian's slides

     [23] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/images/d/d9/TD_nextSteps_Prague2018.pdf

   Sebastian: relying on json-ld 1.1 automatically allows
   restructuring the TD around interaction names as key values
   ... also makes the syntax closer to json schema style and
   enables global definitions in the file
   ... also we will be making semantic annotation optional

   <McCool> McCool: base ending in / and links starting with /
   legal?

   (note) yes, it is the correct form. just like filesystem
   paths... URIs starting with "/" are typically interpreted as
   top of tree

   Sebastian: changes to the use of @id, name
   ... adding author and version
   ... goal for end of April to have the first example of the
   simplified TD
   ... TD freeze by early June

   Matthias: make the example TD goal by May 2nd call

   Sebastian: make the freeze date June 6th

   <kajimoto> Then next plugfest in Seoul, all of participants' TD
   should be deploy the latest TD, that is, JSON-LD 1.1 based. I
   agree this policy.

   McCool: when does my security metadata part need to be
   submitted?

   Matthias: May 2nd date

   McCool: process discussion about when PRs submitted to which
   branches in what order

* Security

   <McCool> [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security

   <McCool> [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/88

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/88

* Testing

   <McCool> [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing

   McCool: testing should go into its own repository
   ... testing is an IG activity, so WG specific items should go
   into the WG repositories
   ... summary of the files in the repository and some working
   practices
   ... want to end up with a set of test definitions that
   correspond to normative assertions
   ... MM is organizing right now and we probably need someone to
   take over at some point
   ... but most of the work would be done in separate TFs

   Matthias: planning to create a test suite repo for the actual
   tests, separate from the framework and tools

   McCool: yes, this repo is just for organizational and logistics

AOB

   Matthias: AOB?

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention 3 drafts were published on
   April 5: Binding, TD and Scripting. See:
   [27]https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/6945 and to ask about
   the PlugFest call.

     [27] https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/6945

   Kaz: 2 points
   ... 1. three drafts (Binding, TD and Scripting) were published
   on April 5th; blog post about that on the W3C top page
   ... 2. is there a plugfest call?

   Matthias: my expectation is that PlugFest call ended for the
   Prague meeting

   Koster: right
   ... and no summary prepared today

   Matthias: would expect it will resume early May
   ... let's put the plugfest summary on next week's agenda

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/04/11 16:05:25 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 11 April 2018 16:07:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 11 April 2018 16:07:32 UTC