W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2017

[wot-security] minutes - 16 October 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 23:57:19 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9VpzMWyYfAbJ7gu92=daDQrfDjwKX7q8kuiaZLqgSXPPw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                           WoT IG - Security

16 Oct 2017

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Elena_Reshetova, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets
   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjkoster

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]review minutes from last meeting
         2. [6]review the schedule for publication
         3. [7]workshop
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

review minutes from last meeting

   <kaz> [10]prev minutes

     [10] https://www.w3.org/2017/10/09-wot-sec-minutes.html

   discussion on privacy section

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to assign soumya as wot-security reviewer
   [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action01]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Kaz to add Soumya to reviewer list [recorded
   in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action02]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action02

   <kaz> will add soumya as well as zoltan for security tf github
   team

   no objections, minutes approved for distribution

review the schedule for publication

   <kaz> [13]publication schedule

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#Dates

   <kaz> [14]publication moratoria announcement (member-only)

     [14] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2017AprJun/0083.html

   mccool: suggests we consider current working version for FPWD
   ... decide next week when to do the actual release

   kaz: publication only happens on Tuesday and Thursday

   mccool: target October 24th

   kaz: then it would publish an Oct. 26, Thursday

   mccool: working back, we need all issues by next week the 23rd

   kaz: we will need group consensus first, on the main call

   <kaz> ... and then transition request approval by the project
   manager

   <kaz> ... and then publication request to the webmaster

   <kaz> ... and publication Tuesday or Thursday

   mccool: release candidate on Friday the 20th would allow some
   review
   ... send out via email
   ... for review by the group

   <kaz> [15]PR 30

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/30

   mccool: PR #30, focus on best practices section
   ... review of the references

   <kaz>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/30/commits/2d75ffd
   f36ddb9fba1c291d86f5582c9b10f5e6b

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/30/commits/2d75ffdf36ddb9fba1c291d86f5582c9b10f5e6b

   mccool: any objections to merging the PR?
   ... no objections, merging

   <kaz> [17]PR 38

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/38

   mccool: PR #38

   <kaz>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/38/commits/1ccf1cf
   68f26ad7d52d944efe7e29bc12ae83320

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/pull/38/commits/1ccf1cf68f26ad7d52d944efe7e29bc12ae83320

   <kaz> mccool: typo at "arhitecture" from [[<section
   id="determine-suitable-arhitecture">]] on line 1715

   kaz: standard to use american english in W3C documents

   mccool: ok will use zed instead of "s"

   discussion on content in editors notes

   mccool: OK with doing merge on this PR

   discussion on process for accepting changes

   mccool: created more issues

   <kaz> [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/36

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/36

   <kaz> [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/39

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/39

   mccool: privacy section (#36), life cycle definition (#39)

   <kaz> [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/40

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/40

   mccool: we should review the IETF model and align terminology
   ... also align the threat model with IETF (#40)

   <kaz> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/29

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/29

   mccool: review some document formatting issues (#29)

   <kaz> [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/28

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/28

   <inserted> Fix definition links to threat model (#28)

   <kaz> [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/41

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/41

   <kaz> Clean up Security Objectives section (#41)

   <kaz> [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/20

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/20

   <kaz> [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/21

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/21

   <kaz> mccool: add links to issue 20 and 21

   <kaz> [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/18

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/18

   <kaz> mccool: close issue 18

   mccool: also will close a few of the other issues

workshop

   mccool: CFP is out

   <kaz> [28]CfP

     [28] https://easychair.org/cfp/NDSS-DISS18

   mccool: working on the abstract
   ... creating a project area on github, will send around an
   email
   ... no more agenda points
   ... AOB
   ... is there a mailing list?

   kaz: we can use the public and the member WoT mailing lists
   (with a subject of "[wot-security]")

   <inserted> mccool: maybe to the WoT WG list for PR reviews?

   mccool: AOB
   ... please review again
   ... adjourn

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Kaz to add Soumya to reviewer list [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to assign soumya as wot-security reviewer
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action01]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action02
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/16-wot-sec-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([32]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/10/16 16:35:09 $

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 23 October 2017 14:58:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:58:31 UTC