W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > August 2017

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 23 August 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 01:29:38 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XV4EzG+bpD7yZPaiYYgZw8SEY2eTTTtip=DYvV5d_YBw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Uday!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT IG/WG

23 Aug 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Michael_McCool, Barry_Leiba, Kaz_Ashimura,
          Federico_Sismondi, Kunihiko_Toumura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru,
          Niklas_Widell, Zoltan_Kis, DarkoAnicic, Kazuo_Kajimoto,
          Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya,
          Victor_Charpenay, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Masato_Ohura,
          Yongjing_Zhang, Katsuyoshi_Naka

   Regrets
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Chair
          Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto, Yongjing

   Scribe
          uday

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]FPWDs
         2. [5]clarifying capabilities
         3. [6]TPAC plugfest
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mkvoatsc>
   [9]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

      [9] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

   <kaz> scribenick: uday

   Matthias: discusses agenda

   <mkvoatsc>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#23_Aug_2017

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#23_Aug_2017

FPWDs

   <kaz> [11]editors call minutes (member-only)

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2017/08/23-wot-editors-minutes.html

   Kaz: briefs editors call, schedule&issues discussed,
   ... target doc- architecture and TD

   Matthias: one issue about architecture doc structure discussed

   <mkvoatsc>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/27

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/issues/27

   <mkvoatsc> Terminology:
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/master/termino
   logy.md

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/master/terminology.md

   Kajimoto-san: terminology discussion of architecture doc

   Matthias: will go ahead with agreed structure and then
   Kajimoto-san to further work on it
   ... group can comment using pull requests

   McCool: will close the MD version by Moday 28.08

   Taki: will work on TD pull requests-data type change for august
   30th review

   McCool: to add few issues in TD repo

   Matthias: briefs scripting doc work

   Koster: to work on PB basic doc by 30.08

   Matthias: release candidates by 30.08 followed by group review,
   final consensus on 06.09 and then final publication

clarifying capabilities

   Koster: iotschema.org capabilities
   ... capabilities are actions, events and properties of a single
   function of a thing

   e.g: on/off switch

   capabilities can be composed together to define the whole thing

   capability can be a separate schema/definition

   can be implemented as individual instances

   can themselves be semantic descriptors?

   <McCool> question - can a proposed definition of "Capability"
   be given that can be included in the terminology listing
   (tentatively... we may not want to include it in the FPWD)

   Koster:

   McCool: can be sub-things, or one array of intereactions
   ... can capability also be a link?

   Koster: too restrictive to have all semantic definitions at top
   level
   ... could put links on capabilities

   McCool: maybe as optional

   Matthias: see two aspects- 1) capabilities can group multiple
   interactions together, 2) how do we link interactions to
   capabilities,where are the names of ineractions

   Koster: refers to schema.org example

   Matthias: does a capability prescribe what interaction to
   access

   Koster: we don't want to limit any of that, what should be
   required? something minimum for interoperability

   <inserted> scribenick: uday_

   Matthias: iot.schema.org might trail WoT TD

   McCool: iot.schema.org is going one level up, could have a
   capability with zigbee style but have a concrete definition at
   some level

   Koster: tradeoff of interoperability Vs not being able to
   implement too specific things

   <kaz> Kaz: we just have 8 more minutes

   <kaz> ... so should record the possible need for 2 layers of
   abstraction

   <kaz> ... and go ahead for other agenda topics

   <kaz> ... (esp. TPAC logistics)

   Victor: iot.schema.org not only defines capabilities but also
   interactions
   ... can use interaction patterns individually with their own
   TDs

   still a need for unified vocabulary

   <kaz> [ Kaz would like to note we have to let all know about
   the TPAC update. ]

   Zoltan: capabilities are informative, need some capability
   negotiation

   Matthias: feel this could be counter productive to TD idea

   Darko: example with TD and TD+capability should help to discuss

   <inserted> matthias: would be happy if there are concrete
   examples

TPAC plugfest

   Matthias: Fujitsu offered plugfest in sunnyvale

   <kaz> McCool: Kaz will put the coordinate on the wiki

   <kaz> Taki: fine

   <kaz> Kaz: will put the info on the wiki then
   ... please note that we need to clean up the room and leave the
   room by 6pm on Sunday

   <kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([15]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/08/24 15:58:31 $

     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 24 August 2017 16:30:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 24 August 2017 16:30:48 UTC