W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > August 2017

[TF-LD] minutes - 18 August 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:54:02 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9XEZadieYJ7=Ntr2pocRW=YRJOrtrD+Cw3cYEukVBChZQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Aparna!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT IG - TF-LD

18 Aug 2017

Attendees

   Present
          Darko_Anicic, Danh_Le_Phuoc, Achille_Zappa,
          Victor_Charpenay, Maxime_Lefrancois, Maria_Poveda,
          Michael_Koster, Aparna_Thulva

   Regrets
          Kaz

   Chair
          Darko

   Scribe
          Aparna_

Contents

     * [2]Topics
     * [3]Summary of Action Items
     * [4]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <DarkoAnicic> scribenick: Aparna_

   Darko: two points in today's agenda
   ... Please announce new topics

   Victor: uploads the presentation slides on W3C WoT wiki

   <Victor>
   [5]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pp
   tx

      [5] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

   <mlefranc> See mail here ->
   [6]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jul/0
   008.html

      [6] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2017Jul/0008.html

   Victor: slides about aligning ssn/sosa with TD vocabulary
   ... proposal for an alignment to align td: Thing with Feature
   of Interest

   <Victor>
   [7]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pp
   tx

      [7] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

   <Victor>
   [8]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pp
   tx

      [8] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/File:Td-ssn-alignment-2017.pptx

   Victor: there are two alignments

   Mlefranc: wot:Property and ssn:Property does not align very
   well
   ... wot:Property should better be aligned with ssn:Procedure

   <MariaPoveda> I'm looking at this schema for the td ontology

   <MariaPoveda>
   [9]https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#dataschema

      [9] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#dataschema

   Victor: I defined td:Property as sub-class of
   ssn:ObservableProperty and there are no concences about this in
   WoT group

   <Victor> [10]https://www.w3.org/ns/td/

     [10] https://www.w3.org/ns/td/

   <Victor>
   [11]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht
   ml#td-context-extension

     [11] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#td-context-extension

   Mlefranc: InteractionPattern in wot ontology is aligned to
   ssn:Procedure, therefore td:Property should also be assinged to
   ssn:Procedure

   Victor: td:Property should be aligned to Saref:Property.

   mlefranc: in ssn a System implements one or more procedures, in
   td a device implements some interaction pattern such as
   td:Property, td: Event or td:Action to get data about a device

   Victor: there is relation between input and output data in SSN
   ... is there a relation for instance between ssn:Observation
   and output data

   mlefranc: There no such relation in SSN. the floor is
   completely open for creativity there

   <mlefranc> [12]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn-usage/

     [12] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn-usage/

   <mlefranc> [13]http://ci.emse.fr/pep/pep-1.1

     [13] http://ci.emse.fr/pep/pep-1.1

   <mlefranc> [14]https://w3id.org/pep/

     [14] https://w3id.org/pep/

   Victor: how inputs and outputs are used in ssn ontology

   <mlefranc> [15]https://w3id.org/rdfp/

     [15] https://w3id.org/rdfp/

   Darko: i find it important to reach some consenses on mapping
   between td ontology and ssn ontology
   ... ask mlefranc to prepare some slides about td and ssn
   mapping
   ... we would like to use ssn in iot.schema.org, therefore it
   would be nice to have mapping
   ... discussion about the mapping could be discussed on mailing
   lists

   mlefranc: important point missing is duplicating td:Property
   and aligning one to ssn:Property and one to saref:Property

   Victor: I am not sure if we should create our own ssn:Property
   in td.

   <mjkoster> I'm not comfortable that we have reached a
   conclusion about what action to take

   Victor: no need to duplicate the terms from ssn

   <DarkoAnicic> ACTION: mlefranc to add his proposal on the
   mapping between TD-Ontology and SSN to Git:
   [16]https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/link
   ed-data-vocabularies.md [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [16] https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-115 - Add his proposal on the mapping
   between td-ontology and ssn to git:
   [18]https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/link
   ed-data-vocabularies.md [on Maxime Lefran├žois - due
   2017-08-25].

     [18] https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-data-vocabularies.md

   Darko: concludes that we started the discussion on mapping with
   ssn and we will continue discussion

   Victor: ask Maria about alignment between core onology in
   vincinity ontology and ssn.

   Maria: ssn:Property is used in a little different way. I can
   explain about it. I can propose the architecture for td case as
   an example.

   Victor: propose Maria and Maxim could present slides about
   alignment in the same call

   Darko: asks DanhLePhuoc, if could organize the next telco
   ... Maria and Maxim could present slides in the next meeting.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: mlefranc to add his proposal on the mapping
   between TD-Ontology and SSN to Git:
   https://github.com/danicic/wot/blob/master/linked-data/linked-d
   ata-vocabularies.md [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/08/18-wot-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.147 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/08/21 07:51:21 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 21 August 2017 07:55:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 21 August 2017 07:55:14 UTC