Re: Browser as an universal client for IoT

Having mDNS support in all browsers/operating systems would be a great
start! This allows a device or gateway to broadcast a Thing's existence on
the local network so that a browser can discover it.

As Scott mentions, physical web beacons can also provide a discovery
mechanism for the user agent which doesn't require the Thing to already be
connected to the the same LAN.

Ben