Re: 3. WoT Thing needs to have meta Band

From: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 16:12:46 +0100
To: David Janes <davidjanes@davidjanes.com>
CC: "t2trg@irtf.org" <t2TRG@irtf.org>, public-wot-ig@w3.org
David Janes wrote:
> So if you have an old Pentium in the basement that you'd like to heat
> the room (or the student's computer pool room at Karlsruhe), you can add
> "iot-facet:climate.heating" to the metadata facets.

That assumes that (1) I have control over the metadata and (2) I think
about doing that.  Generally, the discovery/metadata component will work
best if it can do its work while unattended.  So I'm not sure I want to
be adding facets to things continuously.  (But maybe there is no way
around that fusing metadata from multiple sources, and one of those may
be the user that is trying to achieve some effect.)

Grüße, Carsten